back ground image

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Having fun with a childs year cartridge.

So here is a usual crafting though process for me: 
..I went into my craft room knowing I was going to make cards and not knowing much else. I browsed my cartridges and took out my childs year since it had been awhile and I had some cute ideas. Then I look at my paper. This DCWV paper with the wood grain makes me think it needs to be boy themed. I search and find the cowboy and boy riding a horse. Perfect! Now to pick colors, boys and cowboys... red and brown work. But it needed more. The shape I laid the images on is from the Sweetheart cartridge (cant' remember the name of the shape off hand). Then I decided I needed just a bit more to break up the texture of the paper... Ribbon! The red and white gingham looks prefect to me. I wrapped it around the front, mounted the image on foam tape to float it above the ribbon, then cut the Sweetheart Image shape in both shadow in red then  regular size in white. I found that adding coordinating colors and shapes inside the card, instead of leaving it blank, makes me feel like the card is completed....
And that is the end of my strange crafting thought process.
And I now have a set of completed cards.

This is a close up of the little detail that I thought was fun. I inked the edges of the shape. But didn't really like the way it turned out. So I was going to use by blending pen, hoping that it might smear or blend in the ink. It didn't work too well, it actully ended up tearing up the little fibers out the paper, but it made it look like distressed wood, which matched the overall look of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment