back ground image

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Poppin' Chalk technique (For fun challenge)

For fun challenges this week is "Popping chalk". I thought I would give it a try. Fun, I will have to work on it a bit and refine my technique. You use a versa mark stamp pad, stamp your image, then use a cotton ball, rubbed in chalk, lightly over the image. They said the more chalk you use the darker it will be. Well, I used way too much chalk.... but it is pretty cool. Once I practice it a bit more I think it will be pretty cool!

DCWV paper (Nanna's nursery) Baby word is cut from Zooballo cartridge.

Also entered in the Incy wincy Designs - For the little ones challenge

6 comments:

  1. Cute card! It took me a few times to figure it out too but you've done a great job on your first try.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun this week. Hope to see you back again soon.
    "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CarrieAnn, I think you've done a fab job & that card is fab :)

    Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely. Great idea! When i make my ones like this I use a pom pom (small) and then a alligator clip on a stick and pounce it. It seems to work ok and the I use a finger tip to rub it. I think your card looks great! Im really glad you did the challenge this week with us at For Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card...perfect stamp to use for this. So glad you gave it a try, I think it's a lot of fun. Thanks for playing along with us at For Fun...hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Purrfect for a birth announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Reminds me of the way new mums ink babe's feet and hands in their scrapbooks! Maybe it would be a cleaner idea for them to use Versamark ink and chalk instead! Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun Challenges... I hop you'll join us again!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete